Thursday, September 13, 2007

I hurt SK unintentionally yesterday when we met for dinner. I was still struggling internally about accepting her past when we met. I didn't know what to say, but I still tried my best not to surface that struggle in front of her. Even though, at that point of time, she couldn't place her finger on it, she sensed that I wasn't my usual self; in fact, she thought I was judging her because of her past. But she didn't show any signs of being hurt throughout the entire dinner.

However, she called me after the dinner, and told me how she felt like leaving the restaurant, wanted to cry so much, and thought she needn't allow herself to be judged by me. She said she didn't leave the restaurant because she decided to submit herself to God and let Him lead.

I hurt SK unintentionally, despite my best efforts not to. I pointed her immediately to my previous blog entry, asked for her understanding in my struggles, and apologized that I had hurt her unintentionally. In fact, we cleared some very important issues, which helped me in my struggles in accepting her past.

And God answered our prayers; I woke up this morning without the weight of the burden I had yesterday. When we met for coffee today, I enjoyed her presence so much that I was even reluctant to part with her. Today's experience was radically different from yesterday's. And there can only be two reasons:
  1. God has simply taken away my burden overnight.
  2. I am already molded by Him to have the capacity to accept her unconditionally through my previous (failed) attempts in getting into relationship.

Whatever the reason is, we are both very grateful to God for His faithfulness. And for now, before the one-month "deadline" is up, we will wait before Him patiently at the foot of His throne, praying for His guidance how our relationship should proceed from here...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that the 2 of you managed to talk things out. Another fine example that communications is EXTREMELY important in any relationship.

Keep it up bro! You've crossed a major hurdle in your relationship with SK. There may be more to come, but keep praying and leave them in the hands of our Lord. I will keep praying for you too. :)

Mirabelle said...

I can't believe you have been quiet about this all this while.. aiyah, finally!!!

Restless Mind said...

Jasmine: Yes, yes, I really have to thank God that both of us kept our communications really wide open! :)

Thanks for your encouragement, and prayers... I really appreciate all the prayers that I can get.... :)

Sharon: oh well, 'cos nothing is confirmed yet. And yup, FINALLY! Haha... :)