Haha, I did not blog for the entire month of August! It seems like I am not taking my resolution to blog more often seriously enough... :p
Anyway, mum has finally decided to quit her job and rest at home. She revealed her intentions of visiting her relatives in her hometown next year. She said she wanted to spend some quality time with them while she was still fit enough to travel.
On a separate note, I think I have fallen in love again1... And for the purpose of this entry, I will address my newfound love interest as SK2.
I met SK in an internal course conducted by our company's training center. During the course, I found out that she was on very good terms with one of my church friends. Therefore, with a common faith and having one common friend, we hit off quite well.
Within the span of three weeks3 after our acquaintance, we have met four times for lunch/dinner and twice for movies, chit-chatted for no less than ten times over the phone, and sent countless messages sms/emails to each other. I feel very comfortable talking to, and going out with her. And I really, really appreciate it when she enjoys all my crappy jokes4; most people, after a prolonged exposure to my crappiness, will simply tell me to stop irritating them. Somehow, SK could accept the two sides of me equally well; the previous person who could is the pharmacist gal (fellow sister-in-Christ worshiping in the same church).
Although I think I like SK, not to mention I think I've finally found the one, I couldn't help but wonder whether I'm attracted to her simply because I am single for so freaking long. And because everything is happening so fast, I am afraid that it is all just a chemistry rush. Yes, I am wary of my own feelings, and I don't want to hurt SK5. I also want to receive a crystal-clear sign from God that she is the one He has prepared.
Last evening, while having supper after the movie No Reservations, I told her that I liked her. It was kinda like a confession except that I told her that I still couldn't see myself committed to her. Although I didn't like setting a deadline for God, SK wanted to have an answer from me in a month's time. Well, we agreed to pray about our relationship, and let each other know in a month's what God has showed us during month-long prayer.
I am not sure how things will turn out, but I'm sure no matter how it turns out, God is behind the scenes molding me.
1 Oh well, it's seems like I am always falling in love, and if there ever were an occupation that (handsomely) pays people for (truly) falling in love, I think I might be a millionaire by now... Haha... (^_^;)
2 Why must I use a code as her name? Well, things aren't finalized yet, so I think it is better for me not to reveal too much first. And if you are not a geek, believe me when I say "you simply have no idea how powerful (read: scary) the internet, or rather, the search engines are." And if you still don't believe me, just try searching your name using your favorite search engine to find out....
3 Actually, we met a month ago; immediately after the course, she went overseas for a business trip for a week.
4 Maybe she simply has a high endurance for my crappiness... Haha...
5 Well, for that matter, no animals were hurt in this blog too either... :p
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am SO happy for you bro!
I will also pray for you and SK :)
BTW, how's "No Reservation". The trailer looks good, but I wanna know if it's worth spending $9.50 to watch :p
Er... I think today is the last day the theaters are screening it.... :p
Post a Comment