Thursday, August 25, 2005

Would I see someone I cannot foresee myself spending the rest of my life with? I don't think I will, since there's no good reason to do that. Yah, the chemistry might be there, but that doesn't mean all will end well with a marriage for life for the both of us. After all, it may merely be just physical attraction playing its devilish tricks. I won't say physical attraction isn't important, but I'm fully aware that it should not be the major criteria deciding who I go out with.

Of course, some would gladly reprimand me for being idealistic: after all, how can I be sure I can be committed to another whom I don't know well (read: Elena)? Well, for some unexplainable reason, I know I just can. Yes, I do know quite a number of beautiful lady-friends, and I've seen a freaking lot more beautiful strangers working around my workplace, but I don't feel the same level of commitment I could give to Elena as compared to them. So I think my beliefs in commitment is thus far being on the right track, just that I guess I've applied it earlier than I ought to.....

No comments: