This morning, I had to teach the children in Sunday school that Jesus will still be angered by us whenever we are not doing the right things.
"Now, remember that although Jesus loves us, He'll still be angry with us when we do the wrong things. Just like your parents - they love you too, and they will be angry with you too when you are naughty. Think for a while, what are the things you think you've done which you think will cause Jesus angry."
From their simple "sharing", the common wrongdoing they share was chiefly not to say the word "stupid" or "f**k" (don't ask me where they picked that word up from), and not to bully their friends. But for me, what wrong have I done thus far? Ya, we are not sinless, but when I couldn't live out Jesus' first command - love your God - I felt I was the wrong person to teach them such an important lesson...
Perhaps, the lesson was delivered not only for the children, but was also for me....
Sunday, August 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hmm.. even though we are both Christians, we think quite differently... you seem to be more of the Mount Sinai sort of Christian.. so full of self condemnation and God's wrath... there is always this underlying tone of misery when you talk about God.... as if you are forever not worthy.
Well, I'm too sure about you but did it cross your mind that God can be fierce too? Ya, He's loving, more so than we could imagine, and I used to think that way too.... But we cannot dismiss the fact that He does get angry at times too.... And yup, we are forever unworthy to approach God; it's His grace that allows us to do so....
Hmmm..... we can't just push the responsibilities away and merely point our fingers at sin... After all, when we have sinned, we "allowed" that to happened... Not acknowledging our transgressions and pushing the blame away are in themselves sinful... just my 2 cents... (hmm..... why 2 and not 1 or 3 cents?)
Post a Comment