This is the second time within 5 days that God has played a "cruel" joke on me... at least from my perspective these days, the "jokes" seemed "cruel".....
Prior the turn of events last week, I had been hankering for the chance to bump into Elena; yet that "coincidence" didn't occur as frequent as I would like it to.... But on Friday, right after walking out of the cafe with Sharon and OWL, I saw her walking in front of us. And today, due to the rain, she was walking in front of me again when I was on my way back after buying lunch!
No wait! Make the joke count to three. At around 4pm plus, I went to CMS to get some clarifications from one of the VPs there (note that CMS is situated just beside her department.) While on my way (nope, I didn't bump into her), I bumped into another person whom I thought I could ask for his opinion on the matter I had problem dealing with (another note this person is from CMS.) However, as we discussed over the matter, we inched closer and closer to Elena's desk (I didn't do that on purpose) and for no reason, he stopped right in front of her desk and engaged actively in our discussion. OMG! Luckily, the partition that separates her desk and the walkway is quite high, so I didn't see her.... Ya, it's really no big deal about it, but at that point in time, I felt very, very awkward.....
Now, that reminds me to up the joke count to four. This is definitely very, very "cruel." For a record, I have never, at least if my memory doesn't fail me, dreamt of the pharmacist gal at all during the 2 years when I was emotionally attached to her. On top of that, I have never ever dreamt of Elena until last night. I dreamt her walking away from her desk, while I was standing, talking to someone whom I couldn't recall who he/she was; she was walking away from my direction, never having laid her eyes on me. For quite some time after I woke up, I secretly wished the old wives' tale has a ring of truth in it: it was said that dreams are an exact opposite of what is going to happen in the reality. I know I shouldn't believe in all these myths, but for quite a number of times, I wanted to....
Oh yes, the count is upped again by yet another incident! Right after the email she sent, on that very same day (Tuesday), I bumped into her (I was with a group of colleagues) at the lift lobby at around 7:45pm, as she was (I guess) making her way home, and us making our way back to office after our evening jogging session.
Things which I wished they would happen didn't occur frequently prior last Tuesday; yet, all these happened within such a short span of time, one after another! Why am I still so affected by it despite the incident is already a week old? I'm so freaking useless...
Wednesday, August 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment