Why is it that every time when I'm being rejected I behaved as if the world has come to an end? (Yes, I'm fully aware when the world truly ends, the impact is far bigger in scale.)
Just this morning, my pastor queried my well-being, and when I answered "Not too good," she knew my spiritual and my "love" lifes are affected ("love" are in quotes since it doesn't actually exist. Actually, she said since relationships have taken a big portion of my life, so she deduced my failed attempt has affected my spiritual life in the process.)
I ended the not-so-detailed sharing with "Why put the need in me when He's not going to answer it?"
"Well, perhaps the time isn't ripe yet; maybe He thinks that I'm not ready for a relationship yet..."
Albeit these are "standard answers" (which I could dish out myself any time), I appreciate the concern my pastor, as well as all my friends, has shown. But the statement I've made is, in effect, questioning my faith in God. I'm disappointed, but must I go through these many times of rejection? In fact, am I being reasonable questioning His authority over me?
I'm sure the devil and his minions are giggling now - they're eager to have me join their barbecue session after Christ's second coming...
Tuesday, August 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment