Thursday, June 09, 2005

My mood is at the bottom of the abyss now (don't ask me how deep it is), not b'cos I've found out something about Elena which shakes my liking for her, but rather, my hair has been shorten by more than 50%.... Argh!!!!!

One of the places I loathe going to is the hairdressers'. I've always harbor this fear that the hairdresser would style my hair not as I've wished. And that fear finally materialized today.... :(

After having met Serling for lunch today (okay, she only had 2-3 helping of the soup), and after seeing her off to the train station, I went to the hairdressers' to have my hair thinned. I expressed my intent to the hairdresser attending to me, "I want to thin my hair, and keep the length intact. And trim the hair at the back of my head to be slightly above the collar."

"Would you like to trim the hair that's covering your ears as well?" She asked.

"Hmmm... yes, just a little."

As her scissors started snipping away happily, I was a bit astonished to see much of my hair being snipped. I thought she had employed a different technique to thin the hair, so I didn't question her (I can't see well at all since I'm short-sighted.) And after "enduring" through the trimming and washing, I was shocked to see my hair style to appear very different from what I've imagined. I reassured myself that the length was still there (just not visible from the mirror) and went off to pay at the cashier.

Once outside, I immediately tried pulling my hair to physically reassure myself that the length has not been shortened too much, but to my horror, it has! From the original 15-20cm, it became 8-10cm long! Argh!!! I wanted to cry out, but as I was in the midst of the crowd, I could only weep bitterly inside....

It'll be at least another 3 to 4 months' time before I visit the hairdressers' again. And the next time, I'll make sure the hairdresser know what the hell she's doing....

My hair!!!! Oh, my hair!!!! What wrongful death you've suffered!!!! Sob.... sob...... :(

No comments: