A lot of things have happened since I last blogged, and most aren't exactly joyous in nature.
The 4D3N retreat has given me more than enough rest since the retreat was specially tailored for the non-believers amongst us (so it was more of a evangelical retreat.) I've made quite a number of new friends, and if I'm not wrong, 4 of them are non-Christians. During the free time allocated, we went bowling for 2 consecutive days on day 2 and 3. Coincidentally, I won the second game on each day with the (same) score of 124! Well, not exactly the highest score possible, but still, the coincidence was, well, coincident.
However, on the day 3, something happened (which isn't convenient for me to spell out), and once again, I tumbled down the faith-questioning tunnel. Serling said I tend to think too much, of which in one way or another, I do agree with her. Sigh.... I really have no idea, but since that incident, I have been having nightmares - nightmares of myself landed up in situations where God is no longer with me (so to some extent, He has given up on me.) I know He will never abandon me, but since Friday night, these nightmares haunted me.
With on the way traveling back, the church arranged a lunch at a restaurant, saving us from having to feed ourselves with the horrendous spread we were having for the past few days in the resort where the retreat was held. Nope, this is not a recount of how wonderful the food we had (which incidentally was only slightly above average.) The main point of this account is: I dropped my mobile phone while we were making our way to the restaurant, and the phone which I've dropped cost me $530!!! I was very devastated when I discovered that and couldn't find it anywhere. I made a call to my mobile phone using my friend's phone, hoping that the ring tone would help me locate it. But when I heard the recorded message "Please leave a message after the tone," I knew all hopes were lost - the person who picked up my phone has already removed the sim card. Argh!!!!
Resigning to the unfortunate turn of events, I went to the mobile phone retail shop to get a replacement sim card and phone. I wanted the latest and the greatest Nokia 3G phone available, but after enquiry, the latest and greatest phone happened to be very expensive. I have to cough out at least 1k to buy it, which in my opinion, is unreasonable. In the end, I still made a big dent in my savings, spending $530+ buying Nokia 6670 (which is the same as the one I've dropped.) Sigh....
As for today, while returning from lunch break, I took the usual route back to my desk, and as I walked past Elena's desk, I saw her turning away from the computer screen, and her eyes slightly rolled up as she turned towards me. I wasn't too sure whether she rolled her eyes when she saw me, or she has already rolled while turning away from the monitor, but I sure hope it was the latter.
With all these unfortunate turn of events (not including the incident involving Elena), I'm not too sure how I am to go through this week with a beaming smile. I'll still try, nonetheless....
Monday, June 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment