Saturday, April 09, 2005

Do you think your life's in a mess? Like right now? I'm feeling that way now, and it's not doing me any good.

Just last Friday, after the sharing of a lady friend of mine, I couldn't help but wonder how messed up her life is. She's in a state of total self-denial, using her busy work schedule as a convenient escape from her messed up life. I reflected upon this and was surprised that I'm no better than she is.

The previous blog entries all oozed the lamenting odor, filled to the brink with the wallowing in my own sorrow of still being single, and why the pharmacist gal isn't the one. And the recent blog entries are "replaced" with observations made while reading the Bible. Is this my way of escaping from my messed-up life, conveniently going back to God's Word? Or is it genuinely a thirst developed for His Words? I don't really know, and I'm not that keen to find out the answer. Perhaps, living in the illusion may eventually bring some good out of it.

But what if the escape from the harsh reality now will incur a much heavier impact in life later? I think this would most likely be the natural outcome, since delaying the time to face a reality wouldn't do me any good. There is an age old saying which goes something along the line "Wisdom grows with each incident experienced". I've focused too much on the wounds sustained and ignored the lessons I could learn from the incidents. And I think, it's about time for me to face the music, with God by my side.

No comments: