Friday, April 15, 2005

After a span of 3 days, I've finally finished reading the book of Deuteronomy. The first 3 chapters are the concise summary of the events that were recorded in Exodus, Leviticus and Numbers (although the Golden Calf incident is only mentioned in chapter 9.) Anyway, 3 chapters to summarize 3 books, how incredible!

Anyway, as expected, this book is like a "tenant's agreement", with blessings and curses to boot (chapters 27-28). Unlike the first time Moses recited God's command, this time the crowd listening to the laws were the second generation Israelites (the first were those who came out from Egypt and died in the desert.) Moses' last breath both served as a closure of the old era and the beginning of the new, led by Joshua.

Now that I have completed the Pentateuch (in a month's time), I hope my reading will not slow down to crawl while reading the history books. I wonder which book of the old testament would I be reading one month down the road..... :)

No comments: