I think I have a problem. And that problem is me.
Today, during cell gathering, I informed the cell group on the details of the gathering for the coming Easter, and told them to try to invite a new friend to join us for the event. One of the more senior members remarked "How to [do that]? You should have fleshed out all these details in advance. Back then when Kenneth was around, all these were planned way in advance."
"Well, we've mentioned about this Easter gathering 2 weeks ago, and you were actually the one who brought it up back then. Everyone in the cell group could have started inviting their friends even before I told you this. You don't need to wait for the cell leader to give you the go-ahead to do it." I replied.
"How could I invite my friends when the time and venue are not known?" And he looked at me with his anger burning fiercely in his eyes.
"Ok, ok, we'll take note of this and improve on it next time." My assistant cell leader answered quickly, and hence prevented the "bloodiest warfare mankind has ever experienced" from happening.
I must admit that I'm wrong for not holding my tongue and rebutted him. Perhaps our age gap is really too big (25+ years difference). For people around my age, [I think] one week advance invitation is way sufficient. Why the need to give an one-month notice is really beyond me.
Whether I would ultimately see the reason or not, I think how I've responded was not at all edifying for anyone, including myself. I've allowed anger to take rein, my blood to boil and my temper flare, which should not happen at all.
And hence, the conclusion is: I've a problem, and the problem is me; I need to repent, seek his forgiveness, and change my attitude.
Wednesday, March 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment