Saturday, January 08, 2005

The most amazing thing happened to me today. I have long forgotten the feeling of true happiness, the smile that comes genuinely from the heart, the joy that springs from deep within. And all these forgotten feelings came back to me, today after the worship practice in church.

She came, despite it was raining cats and dogs. She messaged me the day before and asked if she could help out as the vocalist this week. She called me, minutes before her arrival, wanting to tell me she would be late (and I missed the call). Initially, I thought she called to tell me she wouldn't be coming 'cos of the heavy downpour. But to my surprise, she came, making her way towards me and told me the reason of that call. She put her things right beside my haversack, and proudly took out the skirt she bought from her shopping trip and showed it to me. "Nice, ya?" she asked casually, with the most beautiful smile I've ever seen. I was totally mesmerized by her.

Practice went on, which ended at around 6:10pm. It was the longest we ever had, but I was totally enjoying myself, not only due to the selection of the wonderful worship songs, but also her mere presence. I wished it could be longer 'cos she has a beautiful voice, one that I would never get tired of listening to. I must admit she has filled my thought process in almost every moment during the practice and I tried hard not to let it show. When she left, although she didn't bid farewell to me, that did not, surprisingly, make my mood sink. I was on cloud nine, an emotion I couldn't even recall when was it the last time I've experienced it. All moments of joy I've experienced during the past 2-3 years pales in comparison to what I've felt today.

And nope, she is not the pharmacist gal.

Whatever it is, I want to give thanks to God, not because of her presence, but simply because He let me experience such joy that comes from deep within. :)

No comments: