I knew this day is going to come; it's just a matter of time. Today, as we were on our day to the city for lunch, after some probing from me, he told us their relationship going quite firm and all that's left is for him to see her parents. The pharmacist gal and him are in the process of getting into a relationship, and I've mentally prepared myself since last Christmas.
All of the sudden, any thread of hope for me snapped. All lingering feelings tumbled into the abyss, never to surface again. I wasn't sad; the dust has finally settled and finally I see the exit to this self-entanglement so clearly and so straight-forward, that it makes me wonder why I was entangled in the first place. Is it because I believe perserverance would work? Or is it just that I stubbornly refuse to give up? Or is it simply she's the best so far? I really don't know and whatever it is, the answer doesn't seem to matter anymore.
After (a total count of) 7 rejections (all of which I've truly pour my heart out in each and every try), I still believe love is just lying around the corner. (I'm not referring to God's love; His love is all around us all the time.) So can my 8th attempt be a blessed one?
Sunday, January 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment