Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Hi, this is Mind, reporting "live" from echoingthoughts.blogspot.com. Today, I'm very happy to be able to catch hold of Restless for interview, with regards to the comment made to the blog entry yesterday.

Mindless: Restless, what's your reaction to the said comment?
Restless: Geesh, that's such a simple comment and you want me to... to comment on it?
M: But clearly ruggles seems to "suggest" you are fickle-minded. What do you have to say about this?
R: No, I'm not being fickle-minded. Oh please, why would you reach that conclusion when the main point of my last blog entry is: "I'll submit to God"?
M: Yes, I do see your point, but....
R: No more buts!
M: But Restless, don't you see ruggles' point as well? You may be just conveniently passing on your indecisiveness to God.
R: .....
M: Don't you agree with ruggles?
R: ..... I have the right to remain silent. I want to see my lawyer.
M: Please Restless, don't try to evade my question.
R: Alright! I'll answer, I'll answer.... Yes, ruggles' point did occurred to me when I saw that deceptively simple comment; actually Ren also told me that. Ren said it's as if I would enter into a relationship with any gal who gives a nod. And I have been pondering over it before this interview.
M: And?
R: And it struck a chord in me! I think I'm really starting to become like that!
M: Starting? Just starting?
R: Okay, okay... It's as if I'm ALL ALONG behaving like that. Satisfied?
M: Is there a reason your behavior to be as such?
R: Geesh, after 7, S-E-V-E-N, 7 rejections, who wouldn't develop a phobia of rejection? At least, I do! I just don't want to be hurt again. Do you understand?
M: Does that mean you will be entering into relationships without being really sure whether she's the one you really love, and if things don't turn out fine, it'll be easier [for you] to take a speedy exit, without a lot of pain?
R: Of course not!
M: Restless, please think twice before answering that question. You seems to be contradicting yourself...
R: Okay, yes! Less emotions poured in, less injuries sustained if things don't work. That's such a simple equation!
M: Has it ever occurred to you that you're being unfair to that gal?
R: ....
M: Has it ever?
R: .... Yes.... But I've been hurt so many times!
M: But that doesn't give you the right to hurt someone else!
R: .... Yes, I know. I'm selfish; I only think about protecting myself and inevitably hurt someone else in the process. Yes, I realized it'll be unfair to her.
M: And what are you going to do about it?
R: You mean my selfish thinking? Well, I guess the best I'll put my relationship into His hands and pray about it.
M: But that seems to be going back to where it originally began....
R: Yes, but this time, I'll "commit" myself to a gal and wait upon the Lord to tell me whether she's the one. Just like before, I'll not withhold any feelings I may developed for her during this period, whether eventually we're together or not...
M: So can you reveal to us to whom will you commit yourself to now?
R: ....
M: Restless.....
R: Michelle.
M: Why her?
R: For the past 2 years, the pharmacist gal kept telling me it's not possible for us to work out, and she's getting attached in the future to another friend of mine. I've no choice but to totally... totally give up hope on getting into a relationship with her.
M: But why Michelle?
R: I could feel her love for God is really strong, and I'm really attracted to her by that point alone. I think both her and myself can do a lot of things together, like serving God for the advancement of His kingdom, and things as such. She's an extrovert, and so am I; well, ALL of my friends feel that I am, albeit I think I'm half-extrovert-half-introvert. I think we can bring a lot of joy [and laughter] to each other's life; and most importantly, I think we can be the best companions for each other on this journey of faith...
M: I see.... Any other candidates?
R: Hey, that's a trick question, isn't it?
M: Oops.... Anyway, thanks for your time for this interview.
R: You're welcome... Can I say a few things?
M: Sure!
R: I would like to thank ruggles and Ren for "pointing out" my indecisiveness to me. I realized I was being selfish and I hope I won't do that again. Ever. I'll commit myself, my [future] relationship into God's hands.
M: And this is Mind, reporting "live" from echoingthoughts.blogspot.com. We'll be back after a commercial break.

No comments: