Monday, January 17, 2005

Have you ever been envious of your peers who don't look their age? To be more exact: friends who don't show any signs of aging? I do.

And have you ever marveled in awe at those people who don't seem to be put on any weight, no matter how much they eat or how little exercise they do? I don't.

I belong to the above 2 categories of people - people who don't appear to age, and who don't have a weight problem. Whenever phrases similar to "I'm getting old" and "I've got to watch my weight" comes out from me, I would experience "mini-wrath" from my peers. But am I really wrong to lament that?

I guess I'm at the stage where I couldn't appreciate these "blessings". Sure, I'm envious of those who look young, but looking 3 (or more) years younger than my actual age, it's very difficult to convince others that I'm actually more matured than I look. Yes, friends do tell me that I still can exude maturity despite my youthful look, but first impressions play such great impact I'm always fighting an uphill battle trying to convince them otherwise. (Ok, I've got to admit, I don't usually try to "appear matured" 'cos I believe it's more important to bring joy and laughter to others, and hence I normally take things light-heartedly. And since I adore kids so much, I would normally mingle with the children in church, inasmuch as entertaining them has become my "unofficial ministry".)

And when I lament I've got to "watch my weight", I'm actually concerned about putting on weight at the "wrong places", and, in fact, want to gain weight at the "right places". Actually, I tipped towards the slimmer scale for people of my height and I do hope I can put on masses (and, of course, not fats!) to have a better "body-contour"... :p

Perhaps... perhaps I might "lament" on the totally different sides of the "coins" I'm lamenting now after I'm past "the-peak-age", transforming into a pig, and looks back in remorse why I lamented about looking young and being slim.... Perhaps I should try to continue to "enjoy" my blessings "while stocks last"...... hahaha..... :p

Epilogue: Come to think of it, lamenting is already wrong in itself.... :p

No comments: