One of the most oft-asked questions is: do I still like Elena? This evening's mass jogging event cemented my answer: yes, I still do...
Ever since that eventful day, I hardly try to catch a glimpse or two of her whenever I walk past her desk1. I don't even mention her to any of my friends2, or think of ways to court her; in a way, she kinda "disappear" from my life since that day. Although there were two or three times we bumped into each other3, I pretended4 not to have noticed her presence either by busying myself with my mobile phone, or by actively engaging a conversation with a fellow colleague.
Even though I may have recognized that my heart still lies with her, I guess I should still keep a distance from her. I guess that for now, that is the only thing I can do to let her feel more comfortable/happy... Lord, please continue to guide me in the journey of recovery ahead...
1 The main reason why I still do walk past her desk is 'cos the waiting time for the lifts on the other side (as in her side) are shorter.
2 Well, except when my friends asked how things are getting along, the only thing I would say about her is that "she seems to be disgusted by me."
3 Unintentionally, of course.
4 Hmmm, feigning ignorance is a BAD, BAD thing... In fact, I pretended I didn't realize her presence at all throughout today's mass jogging event... God, forgive me.....
Wednesday, April 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment