It has been some time since she last smiled to me, but on Friday (beginning of the 3rd month after I've waved to her), she finally did when we bumped into each other at the lift lobby. Leeanne was present when that happened, and she quipped, "Must be feeling very happy now...."
"I admit I was, but not as much as compared to the past. I'm learning to control my emotions, as well as putting things in God's hands. Don't be mistaken: I still like her, but I don't my moods to be affected by her so much now."
Anyway, the incident on 1st July did made my day, and I'm grateful for it.
However, just a couple of minutes ago, one of my best friends called and broke the news to me that our friend, Linda, is currently in a relationship with a married man! I couldn't believe it at first, since to me, Linda has always been a rational person (although her reason for breaking up with her ex-boyfriend wasn't.) And to add to my disbelief, she has been involved in this for 2 years! According to my friend, Linda said the (married) man's love for his wife has already died off way before he met her (what a typical excuse!) and that the man's reason for not being able to file for divorce is because his child is taking the 'O' levels this year, and he has to wait till the exams' over (oh my gosh, this is so lame!) Not that I'm a subject expert, but I don't believe he'll file for divorce, and even if he were to, I don't think they'll be blissfully married. (TV dramas/movies are not entirely groundless, so one could really learn a lot from them.) What the hell is Linda smoking? How I wish I could knock some senses into her!
It has never crossed my mind that such things would ever happen to my friends around me, especially to my brothers- and sisters-in-Christ. But now, Linda has "demonstrated" all things possible under the sun will happen, no matter how much I would beg to differ.
So what's a friend to do? Sigh..... Talk about the harsh realities of life, so right-in-your-face....
Sunday, July 03, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment