Thursday, December 06, 2007

While there is really no master-servant relationship, I think I have been serving SK since we started seeing each other. I enjoy more in meeting her needs more than satisfying mine. Or perhaps, from another perspective, I am happy when I meet her needs. For example, I helped SK tidy her room recently, and I felt very happy (and loved) when she expressed her appreciation.

However, I could understand SK's worries that I would not be as accommodative and loving to her as I am now after she commits. After all, statistically speaking, a lot people do everything, no matter how unwilling they are, during courtship (and during the honeymoon period). Yes, despite that I have once told her that ideally courtship should continue even after marriage, I think SK still has the lingering doubt that I will fall short of the idealisms I have.

SK is God's gift to me. Marrying SK is really my greatest desire now, not to mention spending the rest of my life with her. I am really praying hard that God will endorse our relationship, giving SK the peace she needs, so that we could start our relationship officially and work towards marriage.

Yes, I know I may be very idealistic now, saying all the things that I will do; yes, the danger of me falling short of my idealism, and the possibility of me being unfaithful is not entirely zero. However, I believe keeping my focus on God, always loving SK, constantly reminding myself of my idealisms, and continually courting SK after marriage will keep my love and passion for SK alive for the longest time possible.

I really look forward to the day that I could tell the entire world that SK is committed to our relationship. In fact, I have not kept my options open since my confession to her on 10 September. I am fully committed before she does, and I am not regretting. I will wait patiently for the day God give her the peace and courage to say yes to our relationship.

No comments: