Saturday, September 29, 2007

Mum's conditions were not as bad as we anticipated; yes, her cancer relapsed. No doubt they found cancerous cells near her kidney and on her liver, the doctors were quite optimistic that the new round of chemotherapy would help in eliminating the cancerous cells. Yes, the doctors said that the cancerous cells were very aggressive, and the chemotherapy till July was only good enough to control their metastasis. However, mum is not entirely beyond cure despite the metastasis. I would only pray for mum's speedy recovery, so that she could attend church with me. For now, I guess I could only pray that God will open her heart in the midst of the new round of chemotherapy.

On a separate note, I had dinner with SK and her friend yesterday. SK was sharing her frustrations working with her colleague, which deeply affected her moods when she was on her way home. I didn't really know what to say, and for most of the time, I tried disrupting her train of thoughts, as well as being silent and simply lend her my ears. I felt quite helpless that I could neither fully share her frustrations, nor hug her to tell her that I would be there for her. I could only pray that God would keep her in His love while she was going through her frustrations... :(

No comments: