Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Mum was hospitalized again on Saturday. She complained having an acute pain somewhere near her right kidney area that morning, and we rushed her to the hospital. Having an acute pain so suddenly is very worrying, especially when she is a cancer patient. I tried (and am still trying) to be as optimistic as I could, hoping that it was nothing more than some elderly ailments.

Today, the doctors told my dad that my mum's kidney and the location she was operated on1 were swelling. For now, they have no idea what caused the swelling; my mum's chemotherapist said she could not find anything in mum's urine and blood tests. Therefore, the doctors decided to send my mum for more scans and tests to find out the real cause.

I am just a layperson; if it is really a relapse, the cancerous cells within mum must be malignant2. And I guess mum might not be able to hold till that long to see me settle down3. I could only pray that God will put His healing hands on her long enough for her to open her heart and accept Christ; she's beginning to open up, and I don't want her to go before Christ becomes her savior.

1 The doctors did not state exactly which part of her body; they operated on at least three different locations.

2 She just completed her chemotherapy in July.

3 It is one of her desires.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope your mom gets well soon. I'll keep all of you in my prayers.