Saturday, September 15, 2007

I met Weijun for lunch today. She is my long-time friend since our polytechnic days. When I asked about her current relationship, to my surprise1, she was still seeing the man she met 10 years ago. She has not married him simply because he couldn't give her the sense of security she needed. However, her boyfriend did asked her about marriage, and they decided to start planning it next year2.

Weijun continued to share about her health conditions, which weren't too good for the past four years. She became more pessimistic, and had once considered giving up living. It was her mum's love, and her love for her mum that persuaded her not to. Praise the Lord! After her sharing, I thought all her ailments were caused by her stresses from her work, relationships, and some other personal things. She is seeing a psychiatrist who is helping her to get out of her stresses, hoping that will relieve her from her health problems.

I also told Weijun about my relationship with SK3. And she felt very happy for me, simply because I finally found someone who could appreciate me. While she agreed with me that I ought to take things slowly with SK, she also encouraged me to officially start going out with SK. Other than the age factor4, Weijun thought that officially dating SK would help me to understand SK better, and resolve our differences earlier. Well, her suggestions made sense; SK too told me that our getting-to-know process would not stop after the one month deadline was up. However, I am afraid that I will conveniently push back seeking God's will beyond the one month deadline. And I think that is one very irresponsible and unfair act to SK if I were to do it.

In any case, more than 30 hours has passed since SK and I have our last conversation, and I am beginning to ***********5.

1 Actually, I wasn't that surprised, since she told me the same thing last year.... :p

2 And that means, by the time she marries, it will be about two years later.

3 Er... Today is supposed to be first day of the "SK-and-SL-free" weekend.... :p

4 Have I mentioned that SK is four years my senior?

5 I am not supposed to say anything 'cos today is the first day of the "SK-and-SL-free" weekend.... :(

No comments: