Sunday, July 15, 2007

Just completed reading The Undercover Economist, and I walked away a little more enlightened on the subtle effects economy have on our daily lives. For example, I finally know why stores have sales every now and then, and why designs of packages of local supermarkets' own products are always so bloody ugly.

I have always hated economics, and have kept myself out of its reach. To me, economics is a super dry subject, that only the hardest of the hardcores can endure through. Since that is the case, why drove me to read Freakonomics and The Undercover Economist? Well, I chanced upon these two books in the bookstore, attracted by their cover designs, read a couple of pages, found them interesting, and eventually borrowed both from the local library and my brother's girlfriend.

So, in a way, am I judging two books by their covers? .......... :p

No comments: