Ever since the beginning of this month, after the barbecue pork slice incident, I have been thinking about Valentines'. Well, as mentioned in the previous entry, I'm not expecting to celebrate the V day this year. So what exactly have I been thinking about Valentines'?
Needless to say, I have been thinking whether I should get anything for Elena. I shared my original intention with Serling, Keng Kiat, Shaun and Jennifer - that is, in order not to pressure Elena, I won't be doing anything. But, as the big V draws nearer, I was beginning to have second thoughts, and hence, decided to consult Francisca. After all, I think it would be best not to do anything - thus no pressure given to her - but since she already know that I'm holding a torch for her, not doing anything doesn't seem right....
Francisca, in her usual patient manner, advised me to just buy something small for Elena - a card and a rose. She said that since Elena already know my feelings, buying something small won't hurt anything, and the gift would send her the signals that I'm still holding a torch for her, which all in all, is a good thing. Her words struck me to the core, and somehow I felt a thorny issue that has been bothering me is resolved instantly. But if I were to buy a rose, I would have to buy it today, bring it home, put it in the fridge, and take it to the office tomorrow morning, 'cos the florist won't be opening that early, and it is best not to give her anything in the presence of her colleagues (or she'll be embarrassed.) So I called Kailin immediately, asked for shops with good chocolates, and hit off immediately to buy them.
"Sir, looking for Valentines' gift? Would you like to have this box set?" the salesgirl asked.
"Oh, okay. Can I have dark and milk chocolates of any shapes except the heart shape?"
"...."
And immediately after paying, I went to purchase a card, went back to the office, and wrote "Elena, Happy Valentines'!" on the card, and left the gift on her desk....
Hmmm.... somehow, I felt so sneaky about the whole thing, but ultimately, I still feel glad to have bought her something.... :)
Monday, February 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yeah! Well done! I'm sure she'll be really touched. ;)
Meanwhile, Happy Valentine's Day bro! :)
happy valentine's day bro!
all the best for you!
Thank you so much! Happy Valentines' to you too!
Post a Comment