During lunch, in the church's children (day) camp, one of the boys (can't remember his name), after taking a few bites, said he didn't like the lunch pack and requested Anna to throw it away for him. I told him we shouldn't waste any food, with which he responded with the most infuriating answer ever "Just throw it away; it costs only 2 bucks."
If he were to be my son, I will whack him upside-down, inside-out and throw him into "poverty" for weeks to come, to make sure he learns the lesson that the money he spends do not come easily or freely. What a spoilt brat! I hope his parents didn't actually instill these kind of mentality into him since young; what the hell, he did not even acknowledge that the money he spends come from his parents (and I have no idea how well-off his parents are.)
"Fine," I said "if you pay me 2 bucks, I'll throw it for you."
"Just throw it away!"
"2 bucks and I'll do it."
"I don't have!!!"
"So, do you know who paid for your camp's fees? You? Or your parents?"
He remained silent, refusing to answer a question which he knew clearly what the answer was. And when I stepped away, he continued to ask Anna to throw the lunch pack away. I even heard him saying "Even if you don't throw it now, eventually someone will."
Damnit! I wished I could send this spoilt brat to a third world country to experience poverty. He should count his blessings that I'm not his parent.....
Thursday, December 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment