Wednesday, November 30, 2005

It has been a freaking long time since I last played any game from the Dragon Quest series. If I'm not wrong, I played Dragon Quest III back in 1989-1990, in original Japanese! I had to rely on the guidebook to play through the whole game, and you cannot imagine the frustration of having to survive on copying Japanese characters in order to resume game sessions (luckily, we have the memory card to rely on nowadays).

The reason I'm blogging about this is 'cos (what else but) I'm playing the latest installment in, thank goodness, full English! Dragon Quest VIII's artwork is fantastic, since it was designed by one of my favorite manga artist, Akira Toriyama. Other than his involvement in this production, it is the nostalgic feeling of playing a truly old school roleplaying game that got me hooked...

Of the predicted 50 hours of playtime required, I've only just touched the 10% mark....

No comments: