Sunday, December 11, 2005

All my weekends are boring, when compared to those who uphold the mantra "such a waste for not going out on weekends" or "weekend is to have fun!"

With all due respects paid, I would prefer my weekends to be spent at home, resting. Nope, it’s not that I want to "appear" religious by observing the Sabbath; it's just that even on weekends, I need to "work". I would have practices for worship on alternate Saturdays (and sometimes, every week, in event I have to stand in for the other band's drummer), prepare and teach in Sunday schools on every even month (and even the odd ones too, also as a stand-in), and not to mention, sometimes trying to finish the work I brought home

Hence, weekends to me are very precious; it would be the only time I could rest (and nap). Going out, ha, is one thing that I'm almost unwilling to do. Besides, to avoid the weekend crowd, I would prefer to go out on weekdays (and hell, I avoid Fridays as much as I can, too). I'm not too sure, but I think a few of my friends don't see eye to eye with me... And usually, I would have a very hard time tying to find an excuse to reject their invitations to weekend activities (like going to the movies, shopping, dinner, etc, which I think could be performed on weekdays too)... Ya, if my senility has not worsen, I believe I have already told them my stand, although I think they interpreted the reason as I don't want to participate due to some other reasons (read: the pharmacist gal and her boyfriend). Sigh....

Anyway, I do recognize that there are some activities that would be best done on weekends (such as going to the beaches in the mornings/afternoons), and hence, when my lazybones aren't protesting too much, I would still join them. But I do recognize and acknowledge that the inertia is strong, which normally would cause people to think that I'm simply "playing hard to get" and be pissed off when I utter the letters "N" and "O".... Sigh.....

Whatever the case is, I'm still hoping that they will understand, and if you really do want to, ask me out on weekdays instead. Okay?

By the way, have I ever mention that I love Elena? :p

No comments: