Have attended a church friend's wedding banquet on Saturday, and am going to attend an ex-colleague's on Mon (19 Sep). After these two, I'll be attending another 3 more wedding next month! There's freaking so many weddings to attend, though I kinda share their joys, all these can be quite draining for me too (physically, emotionally and monetarily.) Physically 'cos of the effort put in to attend, not to mention reaching home in the middle of the night after the banquet. Emotionally 'cos having to maintain chirpy for the entire day is no easy feat (considering that I'm suffering from emotional illness and I don't take ecstasies to make myself high.) Monetarily 'cos .... need I say more?
Anyway, an hour prior the wedding banquet on Saturday, I went window shopping and finally I bought the Sony PSP. Luckily, I didn't buy that on impulse while I was contemplating since my birthday 'cos that shop I bought the gadget from could arrange for me to pay via installations. I couldn't believe my ears when the salesperson confirmed that possibility. Anyhow, I'm now a proud owner of an expensive toy.... I mean electronic device.
Anyway (again), today (Sun), I participated in a performance (after only 2 rehearsals - last Sun and this noon), taking on a minor role of an emcee (reason being they needed a replacement urgently.) I was quite happy to be involved in it 'cos I've made some new friends and did some catching up with the old. And for some reasons, something hit me (again) while I was on my way home after the performance - I've been building my house on the sand and not on the rock. Familiar? Check out Matthew 7:24-27.
Anyway (for the third time), I realized (yes, after so many years and countless counselling) I've placed all my effort in finding the one to spend my life with (the sand portion), and not placed all my bets on forming a rock-solid relationship with the Creator (the rock portion.) What a foolish person I am! I hope this "new-found" revelation would help me set my directions in life right....
Monday, September 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment