Today, one of my cell members called me, mainly to confirm the details for tomorrow's gathering. However, as she was going through her list of invited guests, she diverted from her original intent when she hit her cousin's name (by the way, the name's Jenny, if I'm not wrong).
Jenny's younger than my cell member (Nina's the name), and is 3 years my senior. She might have studied in the same polytechnic as I did (same course as well), although Nina wasn't that sure. So that means Jenny might also be my academic senior. Strictly speaking [according to her], Jenny's not her "cousin"; but rather she's her aunt (due to some family issues which I don't wish to elaborate and will leave that for you to sort out yourself). Anyway, Nina wants to (and here comes the main point!) introduce Jenny to me.... Gasp!
"She's so much more sweet looking than that pharmacist gal...."
"She don't look her age at all...." (in the positive sense)
"She has a very pleasant personality...."
"She's still single....." blah blah blah.....
Anyway, (believe me!) I wasn't keen at all (really, you've got to believe me!).... Yes, I do know that I'm not the only one who's assessing the other party; she would also be doing her assessment on me too.... The reason why I'm not keen is: I don't have the time to spare for these affairs of the heart anymore.... I've an examination to clear in June 5th, and I've only 3.5 freaking months to complete the "CFA Textbook Osmosis" process, and I have yet to find a suitable membrane.... (currently I've to make do with my pillow as the membrane... sigh.....)
Thursday, February 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment