Tuesday, February 15, 2005

I've finally registered for the CFA June examination today.... USD 815.... That's a sizeable burnt to my savings... Anyway, it's an investment which I hope will pays off itself in the future...

Anyway, Sharon commented that I've wallowed too much in my "self-pity"... Hmmm..... self-pity.... Never occur to me that [most of] my blog entries tip towards that.... "Makes you appear like a loser..." she said, while we were on our way home...

Hmmm... that's quite a startling revelation to me! Why have I unwittingly portrayed myself that way? Am I really "wrong" to keep blogging about my failures in relationship, in the desire to get attached? Hmmm......

Well, I'm definitely not one of the main leads in the series A Series of Unfortunate Events (and wow, 11 books in the series already!) So, life's not all gloomy for me... I think my friends would still agree that I'm still a happy-go-lucky person in their midst... :)

In fact, I'm "utilizing" my singlehood for self-mockery (an "art" perfected by the English)... I think, by being willing to be mocked at, my friends are "entertained" [in one way or another] during the process, and it [may] also serves as a launching pad to steer the conversation towards some other over-the-top issues (after all, my [so-called] "obsession" in getting attached is quite dramatic!) Sometimes, I would even purposely leave a "loophole" for my friends to catch and ridicule me! Unbelievable but true.... :)

Maybe I've tried too hard playing the clown character which is beginning to be annoying to some people.... Time for me for a personality change? Hmmm....

No comments: