Sunday, February 13, 2005

Didn't expect the kind of response generated by the previous entry... I think I need to make my point clearer, seeking redress for being tagged as a "desperate"....

I admit I have [a little bit of] the sour grape mentality, but I am not desperate at all (only a little anxious)... It's totally unfair to labeled me as a desperate when all that I've done is to share about the struggles and emotional storms I am [still] braving through... I'm not in denial of the emotions I've experienced; instead acknowledging them with full conscious effort since these are the things I ultimately have to come to terms with.... If I really were to be a desperate person, I would have started pubbing, going for [any and all] blind dates, spending all my energy in skirt chasing activities, etc.... No doubt I keep mentioning my wish to get married in 2-3 years' time, I fully am aware that it's only a wish (to be exact, it's only MY wish)... If the act of sharing my wishes were to be criminal, then expressing the desire to become more Godly is of no difference!

As for the reason why I'm not going to give my blessings to the couples tomorrow is just one very simple explanation: 14 Feb is not the only day you show your affections/shower gifts to your "oh-so-precious" boyfriend/girlfriend! Is Valentine's Day the one and only one day one is given the "license" to display his/her affections to her/him? Is it the only reason for giving him/her a gift? No! It is not, unless you beg to differ! Therefore, it kinda irks me to see [almost] ALL couples behaving intimately, preparing the special gifts, or planning a perfect evening on 14 Feb! Yes, I do know that most would still do the same on the "special days" the couples share, but is it necessary to blow the "specialness-of-Valentine's" out of proportion? As I've already mentioned, this exaggeration is mostly an effect of the commercialization of Valentine's and the "amusing" embracing of things we hate...

Last of all, in addressing the main reason why I'm unattached: for some [unknown] reasons [to me], no gals would like to go out with a cheerful person like myself... As friends - yes; as soulmate/partner - no. In no way the characteristics manly and cheerful can gel together [except in dire situations - see below], and that's the problem: ladies prefer their partners to be manly (or butch-like)... Aha! A great mystery [finally] solved! Manly plus optimistic - yes; manly plus cheerful - no way [under most circumstances]! The only time a cheerful person could appear to be manly is when he has to decide on life-and-death[-esque] matters. And since I stand on the wrong end of the spectrum (being cheerful), I've inevitably alienate (or rather, reduced) my chances of getting attached.... I'm only hoping a gal who can appreciate my traits to come into my life soon.... [Side issue: Japanese gals are known to like cute things, and in some way, cheerfulness is very close to the "cuteness realm"; therefore, I may be able to score big with them! :p]

So, my conclusion to this "paper" is: I'll continue to reside on the cheerfulness realm, bringing happiness to the people around me, and to pray for the "perfect person God has prepared" to come and share my life with soon!

No comments: