I'm engaged (again) in a new role for an Easter play! I was so excited after being in the state of such long period of [culture] drought. This time round, I'm playing the character Barabbas, insurrectionist and murderer (as recorded in the Bible). A minor role, but still better than nothing... :p
And come to think of it, this would be the second time I'm playing a villainous role (an evil jade smith in the first, back in Sep 2004). But the question is: do I really have a nefarious look? Oh come on, kids adore me, so it couldn't be my look. Or am I wicked in nature? Shouldn't be too, 'cos (I think) my friends commented that I'm kind at heart. Then why do I (almost) always landed up with villain roles?
Ok, I've acted as Jonah in a church play in Dec 2004; as a cute (but misoriented) prisoner last Nov; As a God-fearing Samuel in a church camp skit a few years back...
Hmmm..... Is God trying to tell me something? Maybe, He wants to tell me to "pull up my socks in following Him" through these vile roles, that I shouldn't slack any more in my journey of faith... Hmmm.....
Interesting but I think I should stop at the deduction derived above and live my life out in reverence of God... I just have to imprint that deeply in my mind...
Monday, January 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment