Sunday, February 03, 2008

It has been a long time since I last blogged. And the sad thing is: nothing seems to have change much since then.... :(

Oh well, in any case, after one month of procrastination, I have finally started my path to spiritual growth. Sin, a condition that needs no effort to create, has always been a big struggle for me. Richard Foster wrote, in his book Celebration of Discipline, that true transformation is an inner job that only God can do. The spiritual disciplines Foster teaches bring us to a place where God can change us from within. Wonderful! Now all I need to remind myself that I must not, in any way, make these disciplines laws that I should follow. Laws addresses external things, and external changes are temporal; I desire inner transformation. Psalms 42:7 reads "Deep calls to deep." Although it is not a very good phrase to use, I still must say, I feel very good starting this path today.

No comments: