It's perplexing to have friends who think they are always in the right, especially with those don't practice what they preach. Well, I must admit that at times I do behave that way too, 'cos I'm not perfect after all. But I think I need to blog my observations to remind myself not to behave like that anymore.
Yes, I may not have seen enough of the world1, and that my perception of it is anything but naive. Although that is the case, I don't understand why my friends reprimand me when I echo out the thoughts of my naive mind, almost rendering me for being useless. "No, why must you say that? Don't you understand.... blah, blah, blah...." and off they rattle on and on how wrong I am; but they go on to do the very things they preach against.
For example, I said I enjoyed very much meddling with the computer (e.g., programming, trying software). My friend reprimanded me for wasting too much time playing with the computer, and advised me to go out more often to socialize2. What's wrong with me enjoying meddling with the computer? It's my hobby! I rolled my eyes when I knew he was wasting time meddling with facebook.
It can be emotionally tiring to have to put up with these people, but I thank God for showing me through them that I behave like that too. I pray I will break this behavior and learn to accept these friends as who they are, just like Christ accepting me while I am still a sinner....
1 A big revelation SK has shown me.
2 And, of course, he continued to rattle on I ought to start looking for a relationship, etc... Duh!
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment