I have just finished reading three books: Prayer: Does it Make Any Difference?, Idiots at Work: Chronicles of Workplace Stupidity, and Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything.
I'm one person who relies heavily on public transports, and thankfully, I don't idle my time away while traveling. Unless I'm very tired, I normally want to spend my traveling time reading. These daily one-hour reading sessions (made up of two half-an-hours), though insignificant individually, really add up quickly, and for which I am grateful to God for.
Not too long ago, I accompanied one of my friends on his car-shopping trip. Ever since, I have been thinking whether I should also buy one. After all, if I own a car, I would be able to save all the time commuting, especially to places where I have to switch between buses and trains. However, as mentioned earlier on, I realize my time isn't wasted; I recalled one of my cell members lamenting how she had lost her time reading the Bible after acquiring an automobile.
I thank God for my reading habits, as well as being able to count my blessings. Unless there are really good reasons to buy an automobile, I will continue to stick to my daily reading "ritual"... :)
Saturday, July 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment