Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I had my first (and last) taste of horrid: wine, or more specifically, sake. I was lunching with Francisca in a Japanese restaurant, and she insisted me trying sake with sashimi. She said these two items were the best combination one could find when savoring Japanese food.

I was blessed enough that the one small cup didn't knock me out. Despite her generosity in sharing, I was disgusted by every sip of it - sake tasted like cough syrup. I couldn't hide my disgust, and Francisca, ever so "humorous", said, "I will train you to acquire the liking for sakae."

What's the moral of the story? Never, ever dine in a Japanese restaurant with Francisca again....

[Update: corrected the spelling of "sake" from "sakae", as pointed by Jas. That was so embarrassing!]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

erm.. bro, it's "sake" not "sakae".. "sakae" is the name of the (in)famous sushi outlet