Wednesday, May 31, 2006

If someone thinks that ending a relationship three days after it has started is an achievement, then what does that mean to a person who has been holding a torch for a year [or more] and nothing [positive] happens?

Needless to say, I fall in the latter camp, therefore effectively rendering myself an unconvincing person to comment on people who have the former camp's school of thoughts. I'm not implying that I'm an *authoritative* voice for the torch-holders, but I think my thoughts for this camp should at least more convincing.

Holding torches is not an easy thing to do. After all, it apparently requires more than physical attractions for a person to like another for a long time without any reciprocation. Therefore, not trying to defend myself, I think [long-term] torch-holders aren't "losers". In fact, I would like to suggest that [most] torch-holders truly understand giving is more important than receiving.

Hence, I urge whoever is reading this to continue to give your support to your torch-holding friends. Their journeys ain't a bed of roses; they'll need all the encouragements they can get.

And if you would, give me your encouragements too..... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I support u.. I had that kind of experience before.. I know what it feels..

As for ppl who can end relationships after just 3 days, I can only say that they have not built the foundation of the relationship well. To put it blankly, these ppl have not truly committed themselves fully to this relationship. When u truly and freely give ur love, it will not be so easy to say gdbye and take it back just like that.. I know how that feels too..