Monday, May 08, 2006

I had lunch with Shaun today, and he broke the news that he has brought a friendship with a lady friend to the next level. Despite him repeatedly stating that they are only "trying out", I believe things will work out between them1. And hence, his would be the second "announcement" I have received in the past one month.

Yesterday, XY asked me, paraphrased, "now that HL is attached, when would you be bringing your girlfriend to church?" Today, both Shaun and Leeanne unanimously were surprised that I "have not given up hope on Elena". Well, I told them "it takes time for me to let go," and that "it would not be fair to the next gal, as she might just be a substitute for Elena." Truly, I have to thank them for their well-intended concern, but I guess I'm just too dumb to comprehend what "quickly move on to the next potential" means. Whatever it is, I appreciate their patience with an unintelligent living organism all these time... :)

And for now, allow me to feed my ego for a second: today, praises for our performance came pouring in2. Almost everyone who attended the dinner and dance expressed that they were impressed with our item and that they adored my drumming skills. There was even one lady, whom I have no idea who she is, said she recognized me as the drummer by my ponytail! Yes, I must admit I feel flattered whenever I hear these praises.

However, I'm waiting for a commendation that will never come from the lips I wish to hear from...

1 And the best part is: I don't even know who she is. But that won't stop me from believing (and wishing them) things will work out between them!
2 Actually, these praises came in on the dinner and dance evening itself. :p

No comments: