Thursday, April 27, 2006

It was a freaking long day for me today. After handing over the working macro to John, I was astonished to be informed that the macro didn't match his requirements. "I wanted the macro to leave out unmodified issues and issuers from the list," said John. Hence, I spent the better half of the rest of the day re-implementing what he missed communicating to me the day before. Praise be to our living God! I completed the re-implementation just before the practice, with the reference He pointed me to before lunch.

And at around 9pm, with the other colleagues, Rayner and gang, we went to a studio and worked on the piece we are to perform during the sector's dinner and dance next Saturday. I don't know, but somehow I kept making silly mistakes, and somehow, I didn't seem to be able to convince them that the main vocalist should actually be the one setting and leading the tempo; the drummer (yup, that's me) is only supposed to maintain and change the tempo with reference to the lead's singing1. Whatever the case is, I believe the other reason is because we haven't developed the tacit understanding yet. Perhaps, simply, I'm just plain lousy.

A good two hours of practice passed, and coupled with another 45 minutes required for traveling, I was totally drained by the time I reached home. The reason I'm still able to blog is because I have to wait for my mane to dry before turning in for the night.

Tomorrow's going to be another long, tiring day...

1 After all, the musicians (not just the drummer) should not be the reason for holding back the lead vocalist when he/she decides to sing a little slower/faster for certain parts of the song.

No comments: