Somehow, the words "How willing are you in cooperating with God?" hit me today.
I pondered quite some time over those words and it dawned to me that those are simply another way of expressing "Respond willing to His love", but perhaps in a more concrete manner (although the reason – His love – is lost).
Yes, we know we should respond willing to His love, but very often, when the world starts tempting, we would somehow gravitate to our desires/insecurities and forget all about God, no matter how momentarily it would be. Yes, those of us with stronger faith would ultimately still choose to listen to God and not the world, but before that happens, as mentioned, I'm sure the desires/insecurities would take over the mind (and perhaps heart) for a few seconds when faced with temptations.
But it's strange that although we normally won't even think about cooperating with our "enemies", we would consider cooperating with the world when the enemy of God tempts us. Is it because the enemy is invisible? Could be, but the actions that accompanies the cooperation with him are not. So why is it that most of us would happily cooperate with the enemy, only to regret after the unspeakable is done?
I don't really know how to approach this scorching problem. I can only hope God will teach me how...
Sunday, February 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment