Thursday, July 07, 2005

Bumped into her again (yes, I know I have been blogging on this for so many times, but the focus this time is definitely not just on her....) while I was going out to lunch. The plastic bag she was holding seemed to contain a lunchbox when I saw her. As our distance drew closer, we greeted each other with a smile.

Well, I didn't have any lunch appointments, so I thought maybe I should lunch in. An idea crept up to me while I was buying my lunch - Should I ask her whether I could join her for lunch? Hmmm, that seemed to be a good proposition since we would be able to get to know each other better. On the other hand, what if she were to say no? Would that put her off?

The feelings of FUD and excitement ran through me, and as I was reaching the office, I said a quick prayer, "God, show me the way." The moment I was walking along the pathway which led to her desk, the feeling of anticipation intensified. How would she respond? What is God's answer to my short prayer?

As I was closing in to her desk, I saw her smiling (and yes, once again, our eyes met momentarily), with which within the next couple of steps I took reveal the reason why - she was chatting with Francisca. I must have felt a sense of relieve, since all the FUD have dissipated instantly. Come to think of it, I didn't feel disappointed at all; in fact, I felt grateful, grateful to God that He has answered me. Shortly after passing her desk, I gave thanks to God for telling me that it was still not the right time, and that I have to be more patient.

God knows my desires, and He's telling me He cares! :)

No comments: