Wednesday, June 01, 2005

This weekend is one that I both do and do not look forward to. It's one that will end all the crazy, energy draining and mind-boggling late night study sessions. And it's also the irritating beast that is breathing down my neck, and making me to frantically climb the steep learning curve which I'm supposed to have conquered, say, 2 weeks ago....

Although coverage has reached the 88.38% mark, it's only a false indicative figure. This morning, the question "What are the components in capital budgeting?" posed by Jennifer has already sent chills down my spine.

"Oh shucks! I think it includes long-term debts, and, er..... equities."

"Including preferred stock?"

"No, I don't think so. I remembered I always have to exclude preferred stocks when doing the computations, which I can't recall what that computation is for."

"Are you sure?"

"Okay, what are the options given in the MCQ?"

I had to resort to the elimination process to give the answer, and frankly speaking, it shows how unprepared I'm still am at this point in time.

What am I to do? I think I can only continue to study the remaining material, which I hope to cover all by this evening, start revision on Thursday and Friday evenings, and do the sample exam questions on Saturday. A perfect plan, to be executed by an imperfect mortal.

No prize for guessing, it's 4 more days for me to meet my Maker.

And in the spirit of Star Wars: "Use your brain, my young apprentice. May your brain be with you." [Duh!]

No comments: