Thursday, May 26, 2005

I've finally broken the ice!

When I was going out to buy lunch, I was very disappointed for not seeing her at desk despite the fact that I went off quite early. While I was on my way back to the office, waiting at the lift lobby, Elena appeared with her lunch pack on her hands. Apparently, she was also going to lunch in. My heartbeat increased rapidly, and my mind was thrown into confusion. Should I break the ice? What should I say? But underneath these tidal waves, I was very clear that This is THE opportunity!

We took the same lift, but I was still very disoriented. It was until a good 30 seconds have elapsed after we got off the lift did I finally mustered my courage, picked up my pace and broke the ice.

"Hi!"

"Oh, hi!" she responded. (Oh my gosh, her rosy cheeks made her looked so beautiful.)

"Lunching in? Are you on [desk] duty today?"

"Yah."

Then panic ran through my veins as I didn't what to say next. Ask her name? I thought.

"Er.... Are you going to take part in the cross country run?" I asked, breaking the silence between us while we were both on our way back to our desks.

"No, I'm not."

"Oh. Why? I saw that you took part in the JP Morgan run." my feeble attempt to lengthen the conversation. (And yes, I was so nervous that my sentence constructs were all out of place!)

"Oh. I took part in it out of fun."

"Oh.... Oh well, enjoy your lunch." I said, as she has reached her desk.

"Thanks." and she smiled.

Oh yes! Finally, I've broken the ice. Despite that I was stammering throughout the brief conversation, I am very happy that she didn't display any hint of disgust/irritation; and that she DID turned her head and looked at me when she replied.

Oh my gosh, what am I going to do next? I'm so excited now, and my most of my tiredness are now dispelled!

Elena, thanks so much for the attention you have given me.

God, thanks so much for the opportunity you have given me. Thank you for the words you have put in my mouth when I was at a loss of words. Thank you in Jesus' name.

No comments: