Saturday, May 21, 2005

Felt like watching a movie last night despite the lack of time for studying... Booked a ticket online and off I went to the cinema to catch Star Wars 3: Revenge of the Sith. I'm no Star Wars fan, but the reason for choosing this movie is for the sake of completing the series. And I must say, to my surprise, Yoda is one of the most kick-ass characters!

Oh well, as I was contemplating whether to watch a movie or not, I felt the need to have a friend to go catch the movie with. I called DJ, but he said he has already arranged with some other friends of his to watch the movie with; I left a message for Adrian, and he didn't reply, so I reckoned he was already sound asleep. Then, I asked Sharon when I saw her on ICQ.

Well, she sounded reluctant when I asked her, since she isn't a Star Wars fan to begin with (she has not watched even a single episode of the series!) She suggested Kingdom of Heaven instead, but when she "discovered" that I actually wanted to watch a midnight show yesterday, she turned down the invitation 'cos she has classes to attend today.

During our exchange of messages, Sharon asked [the obvious] why I didn't ask Elena instead. On one hand, we are not friends per se; on the other, I think it is always a very bad idea to ask the person I love to watch a(n) sci-fi/action movie on the first few dates (and maybe even subsequent ones, depending on her likings.) Then Sharon remarked, "so i stand in gf until she knows u?"

I was quite taken aback when she said this. I started off with the intention of finding a companion to go the movies with, but these words were a hit in my face. When have I developed the habit of going to the movies with a companion? I used to go alone since Y2K.... Must be the recent movie outings with DJ and gang! But then again, when Sharon said "Elena lives [somewhere] nearer [to you]", I did felt the desire to be able to go out with her, to enjoy the little things in life, to share every moment together...

Looks like it's a wake up for me; I must buck up and act on my passion for her!

No comments: