"I cannot do it,"" Joseph replied to Pharaoh, "but God will give Pharaoh the answer he desires." (Genesis 41:16)
Despite Joseph's repeated proclamation of him reigning over his brothers, of in control over [almost] all things in the house of the Potiphar, of him being placed in charge of the jail he was serving in, of his accurate interpretations of the cupbearer's and the baker's dreams, and now of him being summoned to the Pharaoh, Joseph have never held pride in his heart for he knew God was the source of his blessings. What a godly man he is!
I yearn to be like him someday.... :)
Another thing I noticed today is that Jacob seems to be either a coward or diplomatic man. He feared his brother Esau would unleash his wrath upon him when he was on his way home [as commanded by God], and hence he sent numerous gifts for his brother, hoping to pacify Esau if Esau were really to be angry. But I would guess he's a coward, since he seemed to be a tad too wary of his brother's offer to travel with him [as well as leaving his men with Jacob as escorts].
Whatever the case is, I've read till Genesis 41 while commuting to work today... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment