Sometimes I really wonder whether my worries/anxieties are all unnecessary/miniscule.
The tragedy that just happened, the grievances and sufferings left behind after the tsunami swept through the shores (and even the capital of Maldives) are immeasurably greater than my "it-is-just-about-me" laments. Perhaps I should just give thanks that none of my problems has such deadly consequences (pun not intended).
But examining things from another perspective, is it that God already know I couldn't withstand sufferings resulted from these natural disasters (or maybe even man-made ones) therefore shielding me in a safe haven? Or does He actually wants to see what I would do to help during such times (or maybe simply would I pray for them?) These unfathomable questions will one day unveil themselves but for now, I should just give thanks to Him and pray for these people.
However, as all humans are weaklings [in one way or another], all these "in-your-face" realities will soon fade from our memories and our problems will once again become "larger-than-life". I kinda sick of this "vicious cycle" ("tragedy elsewhere wakes me up", "my problems are of utmost importance", "tragedy...", "my problems...", etc.) I don't want myself to be reminded by these tragedies of how blessed I am; I want to always be counting my blessings, giving thanks to Him in every moment of my life no matter what happened. This is one transformation that will take years to take place, but I am willing (and desiring) to see it happen in my life (I'll include this in my new year's resolution.) Oh Father, give me with strength and wisdom to transform my life!
Father, may your comforting peace be with the families of the deceased... May their needs be provided in abundance... And may our prayers become their strength to face the future... Amen!
Thursday, December 30, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment